Friday 11 January 2013

Acrylic Canvas

Hello everyone
Firstly can I say hello to my new followers and thank you for taking the time to comment.
I went to visit my friend Anne bollyanne.blogspot.com this week and she kindly leant me a dvd by  Trish Latimer.  Create with paint reminded me of techniques I had not done for a while and inspired me to create this Canvas.  Trish shows you how to do 3 projects as well as showing you ideas of how to complete your work with some lovely finishing touches.





The paints I used are Creative expressions Eco paints sand, lake, and ocean, and white and the stamp is from Kanban.  I stamped the lighthouse scene, onto sticky back canvas and coloured with the same paints to blend in with the background so it sort of looks like it was done directly onto the canvas. The bird and the sentiment were done the same way but left white so they stood out.  The sentiment was framed with a micron pen to make it pop out a bit more. The shells, flying fish and wheel are all bits from my stash.  I know its a little out of season, but with the dark winter days we are enduring that feel like they are over before they have started, I felt like looking towards summer, longer warmer days.   I am currently putting together workshops that I will be doing at High Legh Garden Centre starting on the 23rd January.  If you are around the Cheshire area in the future, High Legh is a lovely recently refurbished Garden Centre with something for everyone including a well stocked Craft shop, train rides for the children, and a large light and airy  restaurant with mouthwatering dishes. 
Crafty Hugs
Mo x 

4 comments:

  1. Wow, this is just stunning and the colouring is super love that image too.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mo, this is so beautiful, I just love the muted colours you have used and it has a really warm, seaside feel to it. That was an inspired idea to used the sticky back canvas rather than try to stamp on the canvas! A really gorgeous and well thought out piece - love it.

    I totally endorse your views on High Legh, it is certainly my favourite Garden Centre.

    Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mo this is wonderful! As Anne says you were inspired putting your stamped image onto separate canvas and yet with your beautiful blending you would never know. Perfect beach hut colours too. I could easily see this in a smart boutique selling for quite a price. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow..these are brilliant Mo..I only live a couple of miles from the sea and was going to do a sea themed canvas at some stage.. and I recognise that Kanban lighthouse I think from a set I have...so you've inspired me further -even though I haven't even started on that other canvas yet..ha ha.. happy crafting Gill x ( aka Gibby Frogett craftations)

    ReplyDelete