Wednesday 18 December 2013

December Tag of 2013

Hello Everyone,
Thank you so much for the lovely comments on my recent posts and for taking the time to pay a visit this very busy time of year.

I have for you today my December Tag as led by the one and only Mr Tim Holtz as shown HERE
 The background was first given a coat of Frayed Burlap distress ink all over the tag.  The Rays stencil was placed over it and Frayed Burlap inked through it. A distress tool was used on the edges and these were inked with Walnut Stain.
 I followed the technique pretty much as Tim did using the sparkle film over the Clearly for art and die-cutting it with the tattered Poinsettia Bigz die, Colouring them with Red Geranium and Fern Green archival and shaping when warm.  The only additional stage I did was to put the flowers into the Poinsettia Texture Fades folder and embossed them before colouring and shaping, You can just see the pattern on the close up photo below.  The centre was given a rub of treasure gold, and held together with a brad.  The white specks are flicks of Picket Fence DP.
 I did not have the sentiment that Tim used so I went with one from the simple sayings set.  The number 25 was covered in glossy accents and then sprinkled with Rock Candy distress glitter. One of my new additions to my stash is the Linen ribbon which I have used under the sentiment and pulled out slightly under the 25 and on the top of the tag just to throw in a bit more texture.
 
So there we are number 12 all done and dusted.  I am really pleased that I have managed to complete all 12 tags this year and look forward to see what Tim has in store for us in 2014.  I am sure I won't be on my own.
Hugs Mo x  
 


5 comments:

  1. Well done, on completing all 12 of Tim's tags. I have not yet had a go at any of them. Maybe next year? There are some really interesting effects on this tag - I would like to try using sparkle film, as it looks so pretty. I love the way you created the poinsettia. Also the linen ribbon looks beautiful. Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it to bits Mo. The linen touches and that sunburst stencilling have worked beautifully here. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tag is so beautiful, I just adore that sunburst stenciling which really draws the eye in to the stunning flower. That linen ribbon looks so beautiful too and I love the extra little bit you added. I can't wait for next year's 12 tags now, I just hope Tim keeps up with them! Have a wonderful Christmas, my lovely friend. Festive hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning - the stencilling is brilliant as a background drawing the eye to the flower (oops, I see I've almost copied Anne's comment - well, great minds, you know...). Gorgeous take on Tim's tag - still have mine to do!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mo, This is just so cool. Love the look of the Poinsettia, going to have to try this.
    :) Chris / CS Designs

    ReplyDelete