Thursday 19 December 2013

Thinking of you

Hi Everyone,

I have taken a quick break from Christmas and tags to make a card to enter into the latest Indigo Blu Challenge which is Lest we forget-November for details click HERE.  I seem to be making a habit of catching this challenge by the skin of my teeth, and this month is no different as the challenge closes in 24 hours.

Whenever we remember in November I always automatically think of the Poppy, so this was the obvious choice to use one of my favourite stamps.  I did an ombre effect for the background card using distress stains, stamped the Poppy with black Versafine and coloured it with inktense pencils.


 
I decided not mask off the poppy for the next bit but instead use one of the tiny background stamps without a block to gently stamp around the Poppy using memento London Fog.  The sentiment was stamped onto a spellbinders die-cut and inked using the same colours as the background.
Thank you as always for your visit
Hugs Mo x

4 comments:

  1. An exquisite card, Mo. I love the way you used the background stamp and the colouring is lovely. I do hope your Christmas preparations are going well and that you have a lovely Christmas time. Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, that stamp is an absolute delight and I love the extra stamping around the beautifully coloured poppies. Festive hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you entering the indigoblu challenge with your poppy card
    P xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you made the deadline with this beautiful card - good luck!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete