Firstly I must apologise for being a little quiet over the last couple of weeks. Like most people August is holiday time and we have been away camping without any Internet connection - shock! horror! - not at all it was bliss! being at one with nature and having the time to actually appreciate the simple beautiful things that surround us this time of year, blooming flowers, birdsong, butterflies, dragonflies all of which go virtually unnoticed in the modern world when we so easily get wrapped up in social media, work, deadlines etc. Now back home, and dangerously close to end of month deadline, I have based my August tag around my thoughts from the holiday, finding joy in the ordinary simple things in life, boring to some maybe, but oh so relaxing. I have used the same techniques that Tim has with his original which can be viewed Here together with all the step by step instructions.
Here we have my sweet little bird surrounded by butterflies and flowers. I did a few photos along the way and of course a few close ups, so here we go.
Firstly I applied tissue tape onto the tag
Stamped the bird with black archival
I added some more tissue tape and a butterfly stamp
then used texture paste through 2 different stencils
Swooshed the tag through the distress stains on a craft mat then added a little more stain to fill in the gaps. I used any left over stain on the mat to colour the ribbon.
I used the speckles stencil to add blue and brown speckles
I made a label for my sentiment using the simple sayings frame stamp as I didn't have any vial labels. I cut this out added the remnant rubs and colour with stains.
I cut out a few flowers from some of Tim's Wallflower papers
I inked up the edges, went over them with multi-matt medium and when they were dry, shaped them layered them up, and added some metal embellishments and stitching. (see later photo)
I sewed on the sentiment and the photo tape with my sewing machine
I also sewed through one of the flowers to add some texture and added a couple of metal foliage which has been altered with distress paints
I added my 'rust' as Tim did with Vintage Photo distress EP and an industrial metal strip on the bottom.
To make some of the stencilled textured numbers pop out I went around them with a stabilo all pencil to create a shadow (a great technique I learnt from Hels Sheridan). I also used the pencil to outline the bird and his eye as it was getting lost amongst the notes on the tissue tape. The ribbon was tied in a Paula Cheney bow (love these) and the butterfly in the centre of it is one of loads cut from the butterfly frenzy die. The extra butterfly and the birds twig are remnant rubs.
another look at the finished tag
Of course I was also making my little matching atc for my collection made in exactly the same way, just with different stamps and stencils.
Thank you as always for popping in today, I do hope you like them.